MINEX functional filler made from nepheline syenite is proven to offer superior color development, tint retention, and durability to a broad range of paints, coatings, adhesives, sealants, and inks. When added to paints and coatings, MINEX provides unparalleled durability and resistance to abrasion, fading, cracking, and aging associated with both environmental and chemical exposures.
Multiple grades of MINEX are available to provide improved optics and performance for a variety of applications:
- Coarser grades offer cost-effective gloss and sheen control, as well as added texture.
- Finer grades are recommended for higher gloss systems, and are the preferred choice for powder coatings and clear systems.
Features and Benefits:
MINEX functional filler is produced from nepheline syenite, a naturally occurring sodium-potassium-aluminum silicate. Additionally, no detectable crystalline silica dust in the MINEX mineral complex.
Benefits of using MINEX include:
- Excellent brightness, tint retention, and resistance to adverse effects of weather and sunlight exposure in exterior paints
- Improved color, sheen uniformity, chemical and stain resistance, and durability in interior paint formulations
- Excellent abrasion and burnish resistance
- Easily dispersed in all conventional vehicles
- Low oil absorption permits high loadings in adhesives, sealants and coatings