Effective Date: December 30, 2020
- Collection of Personal Information
Information You Provide
We may obtain information that you provide directly to us on the Site, for example, when you register for an event or webcast, sign up to receive email alerts, communicate with us, or otherwise interact with the Site. This information may include personal information, which is information that can be used to identify you individually.
Personal information we collect may include your:
• First and last name
• Email address
• Phone number
• Company affiliation
Information Collected Automatically
The types of information we collect automatically when you visit the Site may include IP addresses, device identifiers, browser characteristics, operating system details, language preferences, referring URLs, length of visits, anonymous traffic data, and pages viewed.
We may combine certain automatically-collected information with other information we obtain about you, which may include information we obtain from third parties.
We or third parties may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use the Site.
Data Analytics and Advertising
We may use certain third-party web analytics services, such Google Analytics, to help us understand and analyze how visitors use the Site and serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. We’ve implemented Google Analytics Advertising features such as remarketing with analytics, interest-based advertising, demographics and interests reporting, user segment analysis, and impression reporting. We and third-party vendors may use first-party cookies or other first-party identifiers as well as third-party cookies or other third-party identifiers to deliver advertisements, measure your interests, detect your demographics, detect your location, and personalize content.
For more information on how Google Analytics uses data collected through the Site, visit: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. To opt out of Google Analytics cookies, visit: http://www.google.com/settings/ads and https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
To find out more about how third-party analytics services manage the privacy of information in conjunction with delivering ads online, and how to opt out of information collection by these networks, please visit:
Please note that we do not control how third parties manage their opt-out processes.
Your web browser may have settings that allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal when you visit various websites or use online services. Like many websites, the Site is not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from website browsers.
To learn more about “Do Not Track” signals, visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com/.
Use of Personal Information
We may use personal information we collect through the Site to:
• personalize your online experience and improve the Site, our marketing, and other products or services we may offer;
• monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities of visitors and users on the Site;
• respond to emails, inquiries, comments, questions, or other requests for support;
• comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal process, as well as industry standards and our policies;
• prevent, investigate, identify, stop, or take any other action with regard to suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity, or any activity that violates our policies; and
• for any other purpose, with your consent.
Sharing of Personal Information
We may share your personal information with our subsidiaries, affiliates, and business partners. To the extent we grant these parties access to your personal information, they will follow privacy practices no less protective than our practices, to the extent allowed by applicable law.
Additionally, we may share your personal information with third-party service providers assisting us in carrying out services to you such as the functionality of the Site. Third-party service providers are not meant to use personal information except as necessary to provide the relevant services to us.
Additionally, Covia may disclose personal information when required by subpoena, search warrant, or other legal processes, or in response to activities that are unlawful or a violation of Covia’s rules for use of the Site, or to protect and defend the rights or property of Covia.
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the Internet and online digital storage are not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through the Site.
Information for Users Outside the United States
Visitors from the EU may view our EU Privacy Notice below.
Covia – EU Privacy Notice
Last Updated: December 30, 2020
Covia Holdings LLC (“Covia”, “we”, “us”, “our”) is committed to compliance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) in relation to the collection, retention, use, and other processing of EU personal data. This Privacy Notice sets forth how we process EU personal data (“personal data”) in our role as a data controller (i.e., when we are responsible for determining the purpose and means of the processing).
Personal Data Collection
Covia may obtain personal data from multiple sources, including information provided directly to us by individuals through our website https://www.coviacorp.com/ (the “Website”).
Personal data collected via the Website may include:
• Contact data. You may provide your contact details, such as your first and last name, employer, email address, phone number, or other similar information, which we may use to respond to you, perform our services, provide our products, or for administrative purposes. For example, we may contact you if you sign up to receive email alerts or register for an event or webcast.
• Device Information. Covia may obtain information about devices that access the Website, including the type of device, its operating system, device settings, and unique device identifier.
• Job Application Information. If you apply for a job through our Careers Portal we, or our vendor, may collect personal data such as your name, email address, physical address, phone number, and curriculum vitae.
• Employment Information. We may also process personal data that includes employee contact information such as phone number, address, or line of business.
• Other Information You Provide. This includes emails and other communications that you send us or otherwise contribute, such as support and media inquiries. Please be aware that information you post on public parts of our Website may be visible to anyone.
Personal Data Processing
We may process your personal data to:
• Respond to emails, inquiries, comments, questions, or other requests for support.
• Register you for an event or webcast.
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities of visitors and users on the Website.
• Evaluate job applications received through our Careers Portal.
• Provide you information regarding our products and services.
• Operate and improve the Website and the visitor’s online experience.
• Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm.
• Ensure the security and integrity of the personal data we process.
• Comply with applicable legal requirements.
These processing activities are carried out pursuant to the following legal bases:
• The processing is necessary for us to provide you with products or services you request, including pursuant to a contract we have with you.
• We have a legal obligation to process your personal data, such as to comply with applicable tax and other government regulations or to comply with a court order or binding law enforcement request.
• To protect your vital interests, or those of others.
• We have a legitimate interest in using your personal data. For example, we have a legitimate interest in the following cases:
• To analyze and improve the safety and security of the Website. This includes implementing and enhancing security measures and protecting against fraud, spam, and abuse.
• To maintain and improve the Website.
• To operate the Website and provide you with certain tailored advertising and communications to develop and promote our business.
• If you have consented to the use of your personal data. When you consent, you can change your mind at any time.
If we make a material change to how we process your personal data, we will notify you as appropriate and may also modify this Privacy Notice.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We may share your personal data:
• With our affiliates or business partners when it is reasonably necessary or desirable, such as to help provide products or services to you or analyze and improve the Website.
• With our agents, vendors, consultants, marketing service providers, and other third parties who perform functions on our behalf. For example, we may use third parties to help us provide customer support, manage our advertisements on other websites, and send marketing and other communications on our behalf.
• To abide by applicable law or protect rights and interests. For example, we may disclose your personal data if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, protect our or others’ rights, property, or interests, or prevent fraud or abuse.
• If we are involved in a business transaction, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, or sale of some or all of our assets.
EU Personal Data Transfers
We may transfer your personal data out of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) for the uses stated above in accordance with this Privacy Notice, and in compliance with local regulations. If we transfer your personal data out of the EEA to countries not deemed by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of personal data protection, the transfer will be based on one of the safeguards recognized by the European Commission as providing adequate protection for personal data (such as Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission which impose data protection obligations on the parties to the transfer).
For further information on the mechanism(s) we may use to transfer your personal data, please contact us at Privacy@CoviaCorp.com.
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical, physical, and organizational safeguards designed to help protect personal data from unauthorized disclosure or access and accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, or alteration. Although we use reasonable efforts to safeguard personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of personal data obtained or stored electronically.
We will store your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the performance of our obligations or to achieve the purposes for which the data was collected, or as may be permitted under applicable law. To determine the appropriate retention period, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the data; the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of the data; the purposes for which we process the data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means; and the applicable legal requirements. Unless otherwise required by applicable law, at the end of the retention period we will remove personal data from our systems and records or take appropriate steps to properly anonymize it.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
On the Website, we utilize online identification technologies—such as cookies, web beacons, or pixels—in accordance with applicable law and requirements. “Cookies” are small text files placed on your hard drive when you visit a website; they store information which is sent back to our servers or those of third parties. We use such technologies to:
• Recognize new or past Website visitors;
• Improve the Website and to better understand your visits;
• Integrate with third-party social media websites;
• Serve you interest-based or targeted advertising; and
• Observe your behaviors and browsing activities over time across multiple websites or other platforms.
Different types of cookies may be used for specific purposes, for example:
• Functional cookies may be used for analysis and marketing purposes, to enable certain parts of the Website to work properly, or to retain user preferences.
• Analytic cookies may collect information on how visitors use the Website, the content and products that Website users view most frequently, and the effectiveness of third-party advertising.
• Advertising cookies assist in delivering ads to relevant audiences. This may include, for example, placing ads at the top of search results.
Cookies are either “session” cookies which are deleted when you end your browser session, or “persistent” cookies which remain until you delete the cookie or the party who served the cookie removes it.
We may link the information collected by cookies with other information we collect from you pursuant to this Privacy Notice. Similarly, the third parties who serve cookies on the Website may link your name or email address to other information they collect.
Rights and Choices
EU data subjects have the right to access personal data maintained about them and to impose certain limits on the use and disclosure of such personal data. Subject to certain conditions, you may ask Covia to take the following actions in relation to your personal data that we hold:
• Provide you with information about our processing of your personal data and give you access to your personal data.
• Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal data.
• Delete your personal data.
• Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal data to you or a third party of your choice.
• Restrict the processing of your personal data.
• Object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
• Object to reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis for processing of your personal data.
You can submit these requests by email to Privacy@CoviaCorp.com or our postal address provided below. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity prior to processing your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions.
If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal data or our response to your requests regarding your personal data, you may contact us at Privacy@CoviaCorp.com or lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. Contact information for the supervisory authorities may be found here.
We will provide EU data subjects with appropriate opportunities to opt out of our sharing of their personal data as required by law and will request opt-in consent prior to using personal data for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected.
You may contact Covia regarding this Privacy Notice by emailing Privacy@CoviaCorp.com or writing to the following address:
3 Summit Park Drive, Suite 700
Independence, Ohio 44131