At Covia, we hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of ethics and business conduct. We believe that social and environmental behavior is essential and we seek business partners who share in our commitments of creating safe and healthy workplaces, protecting the natural environment and creating positive benefits for our communities. Additionally, we align with companies who share our values and are prepared to act in accordance with the universal principles of human rights, labor, environment, and ethical behavior set forth by the United Nations Global Compact.
Our Business Partner Code of Conduct (“Code”) sets out the minimum standards expected from our valued third parties with whom we do business. We also encourage our business partners to work with their own supply chains to promote business conduct in line with these principles.
Covia business partners are expected to:
- Provide and maintain a safe, healthy and orderly workplace;
- Respect basic human rights and dignity, including forbidding the use of forced or child labor and protecting against any form
of human trafficking;
- Demonstrate equal treatment of all employees, and ensure uniformly fair compensation and benefit practices;
- Work to provide a workplace free of harassment and discrimination of any kind;
- Meet or exceed environmental compliance requirements and minimize impacts to the environment by responsibly managing
waste, water, energy and land use;
- Comply with any and all laws of the cities, states and countries in which the company operates, including anti-bribery and
corruption laws and regulations;
- Conduct business with honesty, accuracy and integrity.
All Covia business partners are urged to report any violations of this Code or applicable laws, rules and regulations to Covia
personnel and to comply with any investigations of misconduct. Serious violations may result in suspension or termination of
We confirm that we have read, understood, and agree to comply with the Covia Business Partner Code of Conduct.